Bakefile is Open Source cross-platform, cross-compiler native makefiles generator. It takes compiler-independent description of build tasks as input and generates native makefile in one of the supported formats:
- Autoconf + make makefiles
- Visual Studio project files (6.0, 2003, 2005, 2008, eMbedded Visual C++ 4)
- XCode 2.4
- Native makefiles for Windows compilers (Borland, Digital Mars, Watcom, VC++, MinGW)
- Simple Unix makefiles using GNU Make
- Symbian development files
Bakefile's task is to generate native makefiles, so that people can keep using their favorite tools. There are other cross-platform make solutions, but they either aren't native and require the user to use unfamiliar tools ( Boost.Build) or they are too limited ( qmake).